If you have problems with leakage or dribbling, the best way to know if you’ll get an improvement is to do a cough or jump test. With a full bladder, cough or jump and check for leakage. Then empty your bladder and cough or jump again. If you still leak with an empty bladder then you might not be the best candidate for ThermiVA.
Who Else Should Not Have ThermiVA?
- Use a bladder catheter or have interstitial cystitis
- Have severe pelvic prolapse
- Have an implanted pacemaker, defibrillator, or pain stimulator
- Have untreated precancerous or cancer of the cervix or vagina
- Have visible warts, HSV, or molluscum
- Have an undiagnosed abnormal Pap smear
- Are pregnant